- 360' VIRTUAL TOUR AVAILABLE -
The first of three homes on Lubbock Road designed by Geoffrey Carter and Chu in 1982 designed to a Bauhaus style creating living accommodation flooded with light, wide views and open spaces.
More recently the property has undergone a substantial extension and renovation project carried out by the present owners, the work included a double-height extension, a new fiberglass roof, a full rewire, two new boilers, a water softener, new doors and windows and new insulation together with a complete interior re-design. The changes made further complement the original architecture and what you now find is a versatile family home that can be reconfigured or utilized to suit individual needs. Some of the key features include;
- An exceptional bespoke kitchen with slide away concealed cooking areas, Calacatta marble splashbacks, Miele appliances including two ovens, a dishwasher, microwave an induction hob, an extractor and a full-height fridge and a full-height freezer. The four meter island boasts a substantial Corian worktop with breakfast bar and Quooker boiling water tap. The contemporary Stovax gas fire is remote-controlled, underfloor heating is laid, there’s a large wine fridge and custom-made display shelves. Floor to ceiling glass and sliding doors leading onto the rear patio and gardens and flood the room with light.
- The expansive 40' reception room with sliding doors and wall-to-wall glazing opening onto and overlooking the rear garden, part divided with a study area with built-in bookshelves and en suite that can be conveniently shut off and used as a guest suite or bedroom.
- The master bedroom suite which runs the whole width of the house, features fitted wardrobes and an en suite shower room with double-width shower. Adjacent is another bedroom currently configured as an ideal dressing room.
- An impressive entrance hall offering a view over the garden and leading to the hand-built black oak staircase with glass balustrade and concealed storage.
- Externally the secluded rear garden features a raised terrace tiled flush to match the kitchen, wooden play area under the fir tree and a large swing making this an ideal space for adults and children alike. Dramatic external lighting showcases the clean lines to front and rear. The house is clad in treated cedar and black steel and has a sweeping stone driveway with illuminated gabion walls. Open the electronic gates via video screen and let guests in via the commercial-grade front door.
The location of the property is no doubt a key feature in its own right, situated just 5 minutes walk to Chislehurst train station which offers links to London Bridge, Waterloo, Charing Cross and Cannon Street. The benefit of local primary schools including St Nicolas and Red Hill (both Ofsted 'good'), while secondary options include Bullers Wood, Harris Academy Greenwich and St Thomas More (all Ofsted 'outstanding'). Coopers and Chislehurst Girls' have both been graded 'good.'
We strongly advise your internal inspection to appreciate the standard of accommodation on offer and advise viewing of the 360' Virtual Tour.